The ERA is delighted to announce Haydn Hutchings, Head of Design & Technology at Merchant Taylorsâ School Northwood, as the winner of the 2019 David Clark Prize.
Haydn Hutchings was one of three teachers shortlisted this year.
Runners-up for the 2019 prize were James Jenner from Northgate High School Ipswich and Andrew Millicheap Deputy Head Teacher and Head of Sixth Form at Droitwich Spa High & Sixth Form College were runners-up.
The foundation wishes to extend our congratulations to all three for their achievements and continued commitment to STEM teaching.
Haydn is an outstanding practitioner and a real ambassador for Engineering at Merchant Taylorsâ School. Just some elements of his success are the:
- The consistently high number of Arkwright Engineering Scholars that the school has
- Number of Design & Technology students who go on to study engineering at university;
- The success of his students at national and international competitions,
- Incredible standing and position of the Design & Technology department within the school and the curriculum at Merchant Taylors.
- The Foundation was also very impressed with the links he has formed with other schools who are encouraged to come to Merchant Taylorsâ to use their outstanding facilities.
We congratulate Haydn on his vision and approach to promoting engineering in an engaging manner and look forward to his future success as well as the impact he has on the next generation of young Engineers.