The ERA are proud to be supporting the IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarships 2017. The Diamond Jubilee is designed at minimising the skills gap by encouraging the brightest and best students to study IET accredited courses, which will put them on a path that is not only challenging and rewarding but is also vital to the UK economy.
Each scholarship will be for at least £1,000 per year, for up to three years for Bachelors and four years for MEng, to students who are about to start an IET accredited degree course in autumn 2017
Successful applicants will also receive free membership of the IET for the duration of their course, if not already received as an IET Academic Partner with their University. Scholarship winners are expected to be ambassadors for the IET and engineering.
To be eligible for a Diamond Jubilee Scholarship this year you will need to achieve
- 3 ‘A’s at A Level
- 3 ‘A’ grade Advanced Highers
- 5 ‘A’ grade Highers
- International Baccalaureate Diploma at 36 points or above
The IET accredits programmes across a diverse spectrum, including electrical, electronic, manufacturing, mechanical, systems and software engineering and specialist areas such as bioengineering, nanotechnology and renewable energy.
The key dates for 2017 are as follows:
- 30 June 2017 Applications completed.
- 24 August 2017 UCAS and examination results uploaded to applications and fully submitted.
- September to October 2017 IET and donor shortlist applicants.
- November 2017 Interviews, if shortlisted for Charles Belling or IET Great Exhibition Scholarships supported by Royal Commission of 1851.
- December 2017 All applicants informed of decision.
- January 2018 First payment to successful applicants.