The ERA Foundation recognised Gordon Taylor contributions to STEM learning earlier this year when we awarded him the 2020 Clark Prize.
Gordon is a teacher who has used his 25 years of experience to bring engineering to life in his classrooms at Walton Priory Middle School.
Since then, Walton Priory Middle School has gone on to celebrate another four additional STEM prizes this year.
The majority of these prizes recognise the schools focus on STEM subjects and the school will be spending a large portion of the £19,000 that the awards have brought in on improvements within their design and technology department.
This year Walton Priory Middle School has been awarded:
- First prize in the OVO Energy Young Innovators Challenge.
- Finalists in the British Science Association’s Youth Industrial Strategy Challenge.
- KS3 Winners of The National Enterprise Challenge.
- Runners-up in the Longitude Explorer Prize where they were awarded £10,000
- The ERA Foundation Clark Prize
Speaking to Sky News; Gordon explained that “the children at Walton Priory are amazing. They’re smart and confident, with the ability to explain clearly to judges all aspects of their highly technical projects. It’s an absolute joy to work with such highly-motivated pupils“